Search This Blog

Monday, 11 January 2010

We meet a "new" relative

Great fun, on New Year's eve, we meet for the first time (for all but Mutti) our "cousin" -- we think first cousin once removed, or second cousin, we're not sure... -- Carol Forsythe.  Here she is with Mutti, enjoying a spritzer on the balcony of No.9 Beach road, the rain having stayed away for a bit.

Mutti and Carol Forsythe
I was sorry we didn't have more time with Carole, but are hoping she'll have time to visit us in Hong Kong.  Carole has sent email and I hope she doesn't mind if I repeat it here, this being our family and friends only, blog.... Her email is carol@wentworthgalleries.com.au

Dear Peter

This is just a note to say how wonderful it was to meet you and Jing , and Anne and Ian and your lovely children , also very emotional for me after all these years...and so wonderful to have all that time with dear Margaret.I hope you had time to look at my nephew's son..Ben..the " little..est Forsythe ".  in the 2010 Calendar which I gave Margaret..I am his number one fan on the blog www.benforsythe.blogspot.com 
I had a hilarious ride back into the city , many young party goers , and a large French contingent who sang with great gusto ( in French and much clapping ) all the way to Spit Junction. Also two lovely young scottish men in kilts and T shirts ..one produced a small bottle of whisky from his sporin and told me that they would drink it at midnight.Sydney is an absolute League of Nations these days. 
I do hope you enjoy your bridge climb today..such fun to do it as a family. 
This is also to wish you every success and happiness in the New Year 2010 and I do hope that we may all meet again. 
sincere best wishes

 Carol  
Postscript:  And yes, we did indeed enjoy the Bridge Climb on New Year's Day 2010.  Wonderful tour, wonderful view, and we were lucky with the weather: cool with no rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment