Search This Blog

Sunday, 12 June 2011

Anna's photos from the Ghan trip

Anna has some lovely photos, linked here.  Murphy1 is the password.
I've chosen a couple for here.  Captions are Anna's. Click on any to enlarge.
Maybe one or t'other of B, J or A could add a few more words about the trip??  From Anna's emails:


The trip was fantastic.  I only wish we could have had more time in Kakadu, because a day trip was not nearly enough – it’s huge!
... Feel free to put any [photos] on the blog. Ubirr was great.  If I went again I’d go into Arnhem Land and visit some of the other rock painting sites I think.  

Thanks for the b’day message! [PF: it was belated!] Mum came to visit for my birthday, and we went to the Tutankhamen exhibition yesterday which was really interesting.  Some of the artifacts looked so new and perfect, it was hard to imagine they were thousands of years old.
  
Jane and Anna, by the Ghan

Our lounge in the "cheapo" red class, not bad!



The "Magnetic" termite mounds in Litchfield.  They are narrow and flat,
and always aligned North-South to regulate temperature.  Clever

Jane.  Ubirr, Kakadu

Litchfield National Park.  We had a day trip there and managed to see most of the major attractions
Here -- Tolmer falls (you can't swim in the pool at the bottom of this one, as there is a
protected bat species living there!)

Tolmer Falls again  -- with beautifull crystal plunge pool underneath

The monster croc -- around 5m long!  Our guide thought this boy was around
50 years old, and had survived the hunting days.  Kakadu.

Our sunset cruise on the billabong -- Kakadu

Sunset cruise on Darwin Harbour

Sunset cruise on Darwin Harbour

Sunset cruise on Darwin Harbour



No comments:

Post a Comment