![]() |
| Carezza ski area in Campitello |
So sorry! I've only just seen this [PF: my email below]----- often go through periods when I just don't look at this email. However, I've just discovered that i can see it at work -- wasn't able to before, Yahoo was blocked! Finally they've decided they can trust us not to spend all day on our private emails!
Thank you for b'day wishes. I had a very nice day, filled with (of course) lots of tea and cake. That's how I like to kick up my heels!
Mutti and Bub and I had a nice weekend too in the country -- drove on small country roads to Cowra, had lovely dinner -- strangely there's a one hat restaurant there in what is a very hick country town, so don't know how they make a living but they've been going for 10 years -- visited the Japanese gardens and the site of the POW camp where dad went to talk to prisoners after the break-out. There are just a few concrete slabs and a bit of brickwork left in the paddocks but interesting to see. Naturally I wish I'd paid more attention to what he said about it all.
Well, your trip sounded pretty epic! I don't know how you get the energy to write so much. Not many pics of you in there tho........ I notice someone said it would make a good book --- does that tempt you??
I feel bad that I didn't post a comment. I'm a bad sister, not very supportive.
I didn't keep up with it all, as I don't like spending time on the computer, but I did enjoy skimming through and reading some parts more carefully. I'm very impressed by all the writing -- and you probably should think about turning it into a book of some sort, maybe even into fiction! Talking of which, (back after lunch) I sent off a story to a crime short story competition!!!!!! This is quite an achievement for me, and you *have* to be impressed -- and tell me so!
It was about 3500 words, set in a newspaper office, and the ghastly editor gets murdered. Completely unbelievable, now that I think about it, unless his office was tucked away so nobody could see -- but I don't think I made that clear unfortunately. In fact I didn't even think about it. I'm just so pleased I got off my bum and actually did some writing. I think I need deadlines. In fact I know I do.
Yes, I'm going skiing!! I'm going with Pen, her boyfriend and another friend, to a place I've been to before with her (when we were in Grenoble). It's called Campitello, a small village in the Val di Fassa in the Dolomites -- i dolomiti. Where was the place you went to? Magdalena something? [PF: it was Madonna di Campiglio]
Must go, am at work......
Luv,
Ax
[4th Nov '11]
************
PF's email of 26/10/11:Hi there, belated Happy Birthers!
I didn’t quite forget: it was just that when I remembered, I was on the road and not near a computer. And when I was near a computer, I didn’t remember....
Anyway, heard that you also had a good party for Mutti. I posted a piccie of her and me last year, here at the Melbourne Cup: did you see it, on the Blog? [here it is]
Heard you’re off to Italy skiing in Feb. Where is that? (M couldn’t remember....).
Cheers and hi to all.
Luv,
pxx

Fantastic about the story, and I certainly *am* impressed!! Can I get a copy? You've sent it off, so you shouldn't be minding people wanting to read it, wot?
ReplyDeleteAlso the Campitello resort looks wonderful. The place I went, also in the Dolomites, was Madonna di Campiglio. Lovely, lot of *easy* skiing.... [what I like/need these days...]
I linked to Campitello website, above.
p