How exciting, a post on hedges!
This comes about because when I was in Canberra a few weeks ago, Anne and I got talking about her plans for a new hedge in the front garden of Baker Gardens. She was thinking of a one-species hedge while I spruiked for a mixed-species hedge. I admitted that when we put our hedge in 10 years ago, I'd been in favour of a single-species one, but Jing had wanted -- and therefore got! -- a mixed species hedge. Jing was right, as usual (well, she's right even when she isn't, if you get what I mean...).
Anyhoo, here's a few piccies. Click on photo to enlarge it.
This comes about because when I was in Canberra a few weeks ago, Anne and I got talking about her plans for a new hedge in the front garden of Baker Gardens. She was thinking of a one-species hedge while I spruiked for a mixed-species hedge. I admitted that when we put our hedge in 10 years ago, I'd been in favour of a single-species one, but Jing had wanted -- and therefore got! -- a mixed species hedge. Jing was right, as usual (well, she's right even when she isn't, if you get what I mean...).
Anyhoo, here's a few piccies. Click on photo to enlarge it.
| The mixed hedge: Duranta, Gold Dust, Powder Puff, Michaelia, Bougainvillea Grevilia, Callistemon Viminalis (weeping bottle brush). Border of Anthureums. |
| The grass is a bit dry you'll note. Winter is our dry season. Fish pond at end. |
| Another enthralling photo: bamboo scaffolding on the building up the road, as we do the 7-year refurbishment I love bamboo.... Mutti helped me build a bamboo bench, which I'll photo in due course. |
| The other day on the MTR subway: I noticed that literally everyone around me was on their smart phone |
Including you!
ReplyDeleteAnne
Well, no, I was taking a photo -- of course it was with my iPhone!!..
ReplyDelete