![]() |
| The blocked hiking trail at Discovery Bay. Photo: May Tse |
Public should be consulted about trail
I refer to the letter by Yung Tak-ko ("Developers must work with residents to find alternative DB trail", September 16), regarding a "a popular hiking and mountain bike trail" which has "been blocked off".
Hong Kong is a crowded city, with so many buildings and vehicles and too few trees by the roadside.
It is rare to have such a pleasant environment as Discovery Bay. Its developers have adopted a good town planning strategy.
I sometimes go there for a walk with my family and especially enjoy the promenade. But now the developers have a new construction project which threatens the trail referred to by your correspondent.
I can understand the concerns of Discovery Bay residents.
They are angry that the Trappist Monastery trail has been blocked by concrete boulders at different locations and that there was no warning notice.
This lack of communication is regrettable. Residents should have been informed about details of the construction project. I hope there will some consultation between Discovery Bay management and the public.
With such projects it is always important to strike a balance between development needs and protection of the environment.
Edward Chiu, Tsuen Wan

No comments:
Post a Comment