Search This Blog

Sunday, 15 May 2011

Cape Town to Cairo car rally

The route in the spreadsheet below follows the one above
I just committed last night to accompany Gordon Ketelby as his co-driver in a rally from Cape Town to Cairo, from 6 September to 21 October.  Not sure of details yet; Gordon will let me know when he's back in Oz.  He's sailing in some races in Europe at the moment.  We got to know Gordon at the King's Cup last year, where he was crew on Baby Tonga, one of our competitors.  We asked him to join us on Xena for the Hong Kong to San Fernando race in April and he flew up from Melbourne for that.  He's a guy about my age, retired having sold a business about the same time we sold Wall Street International, 4-5 years ago.
He loves sailing and cars.  Wise man....
Below jpeg you can print out (I had a link to pdf, but I think this works better...). Be sure to print in Landscape not Portrait:


1 comment:

  1. Comment from Anna, posted by PF:

    God, that trip looks amazing. I’d love to do that, what an adventure!


    I’ll be taking Josh’s digital SLR and trying to work out how to use it on the way,
    [trip on the Ghan] so hopefully will have some good pics.

    Don’t have an iPhone. I must be the only one!

    ReplyDelete