David Edmunds is Cycling Europe, with his partner Roz, and John Nicholas and family now live in London.
David's Blog is the link here, also linked on the LINKS list at the right.
Nick's news is at the Grammar Blog, here. Also at LINKS. The Nicholas' are keen sailors, with son Ben a National and World Champion sailor...
| The Nicholas Yacht, a Beneteau First 40.7 at "the Rock" in the 2007 Fastnet Race |
Hi David,
I'm enjoying reading your blog, thanks to Steve Padge putting us all in touch with it. I've thought about doing some biking in Europe from time to time, and now I know where to turn for info -- which is clear and well-written, I must say!
I just realised that you're close to Amsterdam, which means that you're close to Ray Pollard and family who live there now. Not sure if you remember Ray, or even knew him, but if you do/did, I can put you in touch.
I put a link to your blog onto one I just started, for the Cape Town to Cairo classic car rally starting in September, that I've just been shanghaied into.
I must learn how to put the google maps the way you do, following your route, before we set off!
Anyway well done, and wishing you bonne chance for rest of trip..
Peter Forsythe
(aka"forse")
Ps: I also keep a log for our boat Xena -- http://xenakingscup.blogspot.com/
Sent from my iPad
Peter F
+852 9308 0799
[May 23rd]
Hello Peter,
Thanks for the comment. it is nice to know that I am not writing into oblivion.
I have enjoyed watching your boat race, another example of the power of GPS.
It took me quite a while to work out how to get a GPS tracker working reliably and in a format that I can carry on a bike, but even now it is a bit flakey.
More detail if you ask.
We will be going just to Schipol, and not into Amsterdam. I vaguely remember Ray Pollard, but did not really have anything to do with him.
Give me a call if you get serious about bike touring in Europe. Don't leave it too late!
Good to hear from you,
Cheers,
David.
[May 24th]
No comments:
Post a Comment